Lansky Sharpeners Deluxe Knife Sharpening System
The Lansky Controlled-Angle Sharpening System allows users to select the sharpening angles that are best suited for their knife's intended use. The four sharpening angles and their uses are listed below:
17° Angle - A severe angle recommended for razor blades, fillet knives or similar tools. An extremely sharp but delicate edge.
20° Angle - A commonly used angle for higher quality blades and provides an excellent edge for kitchen cutlery and slicing knives.
25° Angle - The recommended angle for most knives that need a durable, sharp edge. Ideal for hunting and outdoor knives.
30° Angle - An outstanding angle for knives that cut cardboard, rope or carpets. Best for heavy duty use.
The knife clamp included in the sharpening system holds the knife steady, and holds the angle guide static and firm, so that the user can achieve the desired angle with every stroke of the sharpener. The Extra-Coarse to Ultra-Fine hones provide an excellent range of grits for complete edge care and maintenance. The USA made Lansky system is perfect for outdoor sporting knives, kitchen knives or workshop knives, and offers the widest range of accessories available. In production for over 35 years, the Lansky Sharpening System has been the most preferred, and best sharpening system for knife enthusiasts worldwide.
The Lansky Deluxe Controlled-Angle Sharpening System features:
- Extra Coarse Black Hone: (70 grit) for re-profiling the bevel grind
- Coarse Red Hone: (120 grit) for edge reconditioning
- Medium Green Hone: (280 grit) for sharpening and less frequent touch-ups
- Fine Blue Hone: (600 grit) for most frequent touch-ups to keep your blade paper-slicing sharp
- Ultra-Fine Ceramic Yellow Hone: (1000 grit) for polishing the edge for a razor sharp edge
- Honing Oil: Specially Formulated for sharpening
- Easy to use, multi-angle clamp: to hold the blade securely
- Guide Rods: One for every hone